Welcome to BSL SignBank
We invite you all to explore SignBank and the visual language that is British Sign Language (BSL), the language of the Deaf Community in the United Kingdom.
- BSL dictionary
- Videos of Deaf people using BSL
- Information on the Deaf Community in the UK
- BSL learning resources
- Regional information about BSL signs for colours, numbers, countries and UK place names
- Browse by handshape and/or location (click Search by Sign Features in menu at the top)
- BSL Signbank Quiz: Test yourself on BSL signs for colours, numbers, countries and UK place names
On the go? Check out the mobile version of this site! Simply go to bslsignbank.ucl.ac.uk on your phone's browser and bookmark it.
BSL is growing and changing all the time so SignBank is an evolving resource.
Do you use BSL? Are you a Deaf person, interpreter, student of BSL or the relative of a Deaf adult or child? We need your suggestions - help us build Signbank! We also need to know about your experience in using Signbank - please fill in our BSL Corpus/Signbank user survey! Your feedback will help us maintain and improve Signbank (and the BSL Corpus), and importantly will help us keep access to both of them FREE.